Friday, June 21, 2013

friday FITspiration

next wednesday will be my 1-year les mills anniversary. a year ago (wednesday), I got a grip, and decided to listen to my friend brittani and give BODYPUMP a try. she had done it for years, and in my 4 years of knowing her, she has never, ever led me astray. so I put my insecurities aside, and loaded up my barbell with her by my side.

I struggled with the weight. with the terminology (down 2, drop and hold, clean and press) and the technique. the next day, I was sore in ways and places I didn't think were possible. 

but I was hooked, and soon after, found myself devoting my tuesday and thursday nights to the 60-minute weight lifting/cardio party that is les mills' BODYPUMP (and getting other friends to join too!)

since I loved BP so much and started to see results pretty quickly, I decided to try out something called RPM one fateful wednesday night (8/29/12). the rest, as they say, is history (biology). 

I used to be a cardio junkie. you could find me at golds late at night on an arctrainer or elliptical for hours at a time 5-7x/week. I was too afraid to workout with a group. it took me three years of being a member at golds to even get the courage to walk into a class. but I'm so glad I did, and that brittani pushed me into something that has become one of my favorite addictions. 

shake up your routine. try something new. bring a friend with you (accountability is an excellent thing). check out your gym's group exercise schedule. free classes are an oft forgotten benefit of monthly gym memberships, so take advantage.
 
you may be on to something great. but you won't know until you try. 

do one thing a day that scares you.







xoxo,
STEL

No comments:

Post a Comment