Wednesday, June 26, 2013

lesmillsversary

one year ago today, I put on my big girl pants, and got a goddamn grip, and faced all of my fears... and with a lot of hand-holding from my friend brittani, I took my first-ever group fitness class.

(here's where i first wrote about this in "something BIG has happened" on my other blarg, KWAK)

and not just *any* group fitness class, but les mills BODYPUMP.

about 2 months later, i decided to give RPM a...spin (on 8/29/12) and found myself on a bike 5x/week, and pumping iron to music for 50 minutes the other 2 days of the week.

and seven months from my first class, i found myself at RPM instructor training. (spoiler alert: i passed)

and today it's only fitting that i'm taking the instructor stage solo not once, but twice (and without a working mic - at least it wasn't this AM...we'll see about tonight. #instructorproblems)

as of this week, i'm now teaching up to 4x/week (typically 3, with a 4th every now and then), and that ain't too shabby:
wednesdays 6A/sometimes 7P
saturdays at 9A
sundays at 1030A

i think the flap on my les mills folder from training says it all:

millions of people every week, in more than 13,000 clubs in over 75 countries, will put aside whatever else is happening in their lives and lose themselves for an hour in the pure exhilaration of a les mills group fitness class.

they'll shout and they'll sweat, and they'll leave feeling incredible.

and tomorrow they'll bring their friends.
(i have, and continue to do so)

kia kaha. one team. one tribe.

<3
STEL

i'll leave you with some of my favorite fitspiration (more on my pinterest)








No comments:

Post a Comment