Monday, October 21, 2013

make this now.

My blender may be on its last legs, but I'm down with smoothies (skinnied up ones, that is) these days, and you should be, too.

Here's one I made for lunch today:
1 cup Almond Breeze Unsweetened Vanilla Almond Milk (30 calories)
1 heaping tablespoon Libby's canned Pure Pumpkin (5 calories. NO JOKE)
1 tablespoon PB2 Chocolate Powdered Peanut Butter (23 calories)
1/2 c ice
Total calories: 58


Are you kidding me right now? Insanity.

Unsweetened Almond Milk is the BOIMB.

My favorite smoothie essential is frozen, sliced banana. Throw in the equivalent of a sliced banana into your blender, after first, unsweetened almond milk, and then add some PB2, and go. The frozen banana can act as your ice so you don't risk watering down your smoothie, or overworking your blender.

Incredibly low fat. Incredibly filling.

Not all smoothies are created equal. If you're on a fitness quest, avoid Jamba Juice and the like AT ALL COSTS, and stick to making 1-minute smoothies on your own, at home. Stock up on fresh (not frozen) fruits, and fun add-ons like Unsweetened Cocoa Powder (5 calories for a tablespoon, or something crazy like that) or PB2 (I can go on for days about my love for this stuff), and GO.

It sure beats cereal or any high-carb, high-calorie, NOT filling breakfast out there.



Here are some other awesome go-to's that I'm loving right now:
GoodPop® popsicles: I'm a BIG fan of the Banana Cinnamon, Watermelon, and Coffee flavors. In Dallas, you can find them at Whole Foods or Central Market.


Mom Made Turkey Meatball Bites: I love throwing these into my faux pasta (Broccoli Slaw with some tomato sauce). It really makes it feel like I'm eating legit spaghetti and meatballs. I've found these from time to time at Central Market.

behold the broccoli slaw. FAUX pasta.


Mom Made Chicken Apple Meatball Bites: Same deal re: Turkey Meatball Bites.



I'm off to go get some clean foods for the week, and seriously, seriously, seriously get my act together to lose the little bit of excess weight I've put on for various, stupid reasons. It happens.

Just recognize the problem, and fight back...before it becomes out of reach.

xoxo,
KWAK




No comments:

Post a Comment