Friday, February 14, 2014

Friday Favorites (What I'm Loving)

Happy Valentine's Day!

It's cliche, but first and foremost, you have to love yourself.

Hopefully, if you're a party of one, you're not on suicide watch after scrolling through your news feed, filled with people's lovey dovey flower bouquet, chocolates, and other such posts. And if you're on the other side, posting those things, SOSOSOSO happy for you :)

I'm STELLabrating tonight with 2 of my favorite people, with (vegan) apps and zerts.
Christmas at the Tibby, December 2012 (OMG!)



For us, we're STELLAbrating INDEPENDENCE DAY. There's nothing wrong with being single (cue Living Single theme song).



But I digress.

In the spirit of the whole "Friday Favorites" thing, here's my list:

1) Against All Grain Real-Deal Chocolate Chip Cookies
OH. MY. GOD.



Incredibly easy to make. SO easy. I'll make a paleo/gluten-free believer out of YOU with these.
I baked them last night and brought them for my pod to enjoy today, and they've gotten rave reviews.

Who needs butter, refined flours and sugars, when you can have THESE and feel great after eating them?

The recipe only makes a dozen, which is PERFECT, because if you leave me with more cookies than that, we'll have a problem on our hands.

2) Kym Nonstop's YouTube Channel
I've said it before, and I'll say it again: even though I've never actually taken a SoulCycle class, I'm a diehard fan.

Kym just packed up her things and moved from NYC to LA, and I hope to one day take one of her classes. She's an absolute bad ass. She also has a band, No Way Josie, and I'm currently rocking out to "100%."

That aside, can we pause and talk about her abs? I mean....
https://www.soul-cycle.com/instructors/61/kym/


You can't hate yourself for not having what you haven't worked for.
I haven't put in a minute of core work this week, so I can't expect to lift up my tank top, and see a six-pack.

You've got to put in the work to get the results.

She's got some really great videos on her channel, and I love these:
1. Running Sucks (she gives 4-5 tips for how to get into the whole running thing, including an app that sounds awesome - refreshing music when you grow tired of your tunes)






2. Standing ab moves you can do ANYWHERE


3. A five-minute workout that's a LOT harder than it looks


3) My favorite Skinnygirl's 10 minute weights workout (MAN OH MAN, do I need to get back to doing weights)



4) Nike Leg-A-See leggings, and the ease of ordering online from Nike
www.nike.com



5) How absolutely perfect the weather is in Dallas RIGHT NOW. It could change any second, but let me be happy about it.

This is the view from my parking garage. Objects appear closer IRL, and from my bedroom window. .

5a) Speaking of Dallas, our new Agency location is growing FAST, and I can't wait. See you in September.

Underneath those cranes, where it's a baby building. That's us. It's going to be 18 stories with a fitness center (AND SPIN STUDIO) on top!

 I was one of the 20 Agency people (chosen at random) who got to break ground on the building. Here's evidence from the day I was a construction worker.
I'm in the middle, next to the girl in red pants, and the girl in the pink dress.


6) Having the B.S. holiday, Presidents' Day, on Monday.




It's hard out here for a pimp.

Enjoy your V-Day.
See you on the other side.

Love yourself first <3

No comments:

Post a Comment