Tuesday, March 4, 2014

month three (nine more to go)

Is is just me, or is twenty fourteen absolutely flying by?

If I think about where I was last year, it can be depressing, or mind-blowing when you think about how much time has passed:

*In one week, I'll be another year older, and it's the first time I've made zero fuss/plans about the whole birthday thing. I'm more looking forward to the day after it, and getting past it. Please respect my wishes at this time...

Google "birthday blues"


*I've almost had my "new" car a year (I got it in May 2013)


*This month marks six months in my "new" apartment, and I couldn't be happier. It's amazing what regular running water, upgraded appliances, plentiful parking, and respectful neighbors will do.
Moving is the WORST, but this was the best decision I've made in years.
New mgmt is painting EVERYTHING, so the green is now red, and the door is now brown. It works.


*I used 12 fewer expensive eye drops a day (And what I'm using now really hasn't made much difference. Gotta love Chronic Dry Eye disease...)
SO so so so blind that my coworker photoshopped this beaut of me in an eyepatch. Leaning in.


*I'm about 8-10 lbs heavier than I was last year, and the love handles I lost in 2013 are back. I'm working my darndest to turn this around, because it's probably the most annoying/depressing thing I'm dealing with this year. It's my own fault. As I fessed up to in a few earlier posts, I screwed up the last half of 2013, so now I'm having to undo all of the bad decisions and laziness that got me to this heavier place.

Let's be real: there's no way I'm getting to my goal weight in one week from now, but if it takes until this summer, or even New Year's Eve, I'll be okay with that. Slow and steady wins the race, and nothing kills progress more than putting a time stamp or a definite number (like a goal weight) over your head.

I'll just keep on keepin' on with my clean eating/paleo lifestyle bit, and continue slowly adding back in things like BodyPump and CXWORX to complement the cardio. My schedule won't get better. Life won't get easier. You just have to make it happen if you want to achieve things that require effort, like a better, fitter body.
January 1, 2013. What I wouldn't give to look like this right now...(11 lbs away...)


*Next month, I'll be participating in launching my fifth Les Mills RPM release: RPM 62. I'm not jazzed at all about the new release, but I'm sure once I actually get into the music/notes (I just got it yesterday, so I can't make a fair assessment), I'll get there. Let's hope...


*Our new agency is about six floors in the sky (out of eighteen). Remember in July when I moonlighted as a construction worker and helped break ground? We're set to at least have some of the agency move in... September? December? I'm hard of hearing (sometimes) and I'm not sure how to separate rumors from truth. I'm pretty excited, though...
I'm 2nd from right, barely getting any dirt up.
New Agency is right behind the right turn only sign

*My bestfriend Stephanie's wedding was almost a year ago. HOW????
Bridesmaid army.


*May 2014 will mark five years since college graduation. How is that possible? I got an invite to my college's reunion weekend, and I can't say that I'm going. I did post the invite on my cubicle because it reminds me of the beautiful Occidental campus, and that's enough.




Here's hoping that twenty seven won't be as awful as I think it will be. 

Twenty six was maybe just too good - at least, the first half of it, when I felt and looked better than I ever have in my entire life.

And Spotify just put on "Birthday" by Katy Perry, so I guess today/next week won't be half bad...


XO,
Stel




No comments:

Post a Comment