Wednesday, June 18, 2014

Crop Top Summer

Crop Top Summer is in FULL effect.

I designed this, using a font called "AWKWARD"

I see a shirt design in the near future.



If you're not saying it yet, you will be.

If you're not taking steps toward it now, you will soon.

It's not a diet...it's a lifestyle.
It's not a passing thought...it's a mindset.
It's about creating and finding the best version of you. It's not a number on the scale, or on your pants label. But it might be. Side effects may be looser-fitting clothing and a general feeling of bad ass-ness.

The back story
My best friend Spike and I have been influencing vernacular in the Dallas area and beyond for years now. He told me about #croptopsummer when we were having brunch at Dream Cafe one Saturday.

What is it, really?

Well, when you're about to make a poor intake decision, think to yourself....#CropTopSummer

When you want to quit on that last rep in the gym, remember three words: CROP. TOP. SUMMER.

Think of it as that teeny weenie itsy bitsy yellow polka dot bikini you've got hanging on your closet door, staring you in the face.

Or what helped me years ago, that unforgiving blue JCrew bridesmaid dress that also accidentally got me into this whole spinning thing.

It's a mantra. It's motivation. It says so much in so few words.

People of all ages, including my 59-year-old Mom, have been saying/writing/tweeting/Facebook posting/Instagramming about and LIVING Crop Top Summer, and we couldn't be more thrilled.

My mom's note to self on the cupboard leading to plates and bowls. WORD to yo mother!

I even wore a SoulCycle (for ShopBop) Crop Top today to teach RPM, and it was probably the most fun class I've taught to date. Correlation is high.

Business in the front...

Party in the back! It's CROPPED.


Join the Crop Top Revolution now.

I've got Pinterest boards with plenty of ideas, tips, and recipes for both:
1) Crop Top Summer in the GYM

with things like this:



and, MORE important:
2) Crop Top Summer in the KITCHEN




Speaking of, I have PERFECTED the green smoothie, as of this week.

Here goes, which makes 2 full glasses (I drink one before hopping in the shower, post-workout and pour the rest in a to-go cup that I take on my way out the door):

  • 1-2 generous handfuls of spinach
  • Just under 2 cups Unsweetened Vanilla/Coconut Vanilla Almond Breeze (you don't want to use a chocolate one if you want a straight up green smoothie look)
  • A splash of coconut water to get you to 2 cups liquid
  • 1 c crushed ice
  • 1 tbsp Wholly Avocado
  • 1 c FROZEN GRAPES (Life changer, y'all)
  • Optional: no more than 1 tablespoon local honey (really not necessary since you get sweetness from the grapes, but feel free to modify as you see fit)

BLEND.

BEHOLD.



In need of some workout inspiration?

FOR FREE:
1) City Surf Fitness, using my code 1987. (First-timers only)
Full details in my previous post here.

That's me in the front row, middle, and my mom behind me in the gray! Buddha Board Yoga (TU 730P)
2) TONIGHT: FREE yoga at 630P at Vital Fitness (downtown Dallas, Joule Hotel), courtesy of lululemon knox street



3) Every Saturday at 9A (competes with my RPM class, but I'm all about spreading the love), PiYo (pilates/yoga) at WET, the pool deck of the W Hotel in Victory Park. It gets packed, so get there early! FREE, even if you're not a guest of the hotel.



4) FREE workouts at Klyde Warren Park downtown (Confession: I've never been to KWP...what's my problem?). Check the schedule on their website to see the full calendar of events. It looks like a few of the SWEAT boot camps have been cancelled recently, but it's worth keeping track of free workouts at KWP.

EVERY SUNDAY at 10AM, weather-permitting, they have FREE yoga with Exhale Yoga!
Mats are provided.

5) FREE yoga class courtesy of Vital Fitness Studio TOMORROW NIGHT (Thursday, 6/19) at 530P at The Eye 

Thanks to the Downtown Dallas, Inc. Facebook page for the heads-up!


6) THIS SATURDAY, there are TWO chances to get a FREE apprentice class at BodyBar Studios (the Travis St., "DALLAS," location, right next to Villa-O)

There are classes at 2 and 3PM and there are a handful of slots left. Book yours now!

If you've never tried the Pilates Reformer, this is your chance. It's one heck of a workout, and will get you #CROPTOPSUMMER-ready in no time!





This is what I've been doing:



Cheers to a successful CROP TOP SUMMER, Fit Club, whatever you do, wherever you are.

To quote one of my favorite City Surf instructors, who told us this during a particular tough set on Saturday:
"You can cry about your body, or you can cry during your workouts. Only one burns calories."

Turn negativity into positive actions and change. Instead of berating yourself when you aren't pleased with what's staring back at you in the mirror, reset your intentions and your focus. It took work to get where you are, and it takes just as much, if not more, work to get where you want to be.

Set or change up your workout schedule. Clean up your fridge. Make a shopping list that aligns with your goals.

#CROPTOPSUMMER


XO,
Stel

No comments:

Post a Comment