Monday, June 2, 2014

Move your BOOTY

It's June!

Earlier this year, I posted about this sobering equation:
80% diet. 
20% exercise.

I have zero problem getting my workouts in. In fact, my problem is working in rest days
(read: unless I'm deathly ill, and it's a day, I log at least one workout).

I'm still trying to figure out the intake part of the equation, and getting better at it every day.

To pepper in some cliches: It's a journey, not a marathon, and it's a lifestyle, not a diet.

Also, OOPS at what I did yesterday:
Sunday, JUNE ONE
1) Taught RPM at 1030A
2) Took a free new instructor CyclingREMIX class @ BEYOND Pedaling
3) Used the rowing machine for 45 minutes (set to a banging playlist on my iPod shuffle) while killing time before BodyPump
4) BodyPump @ 630P



Needless to say, I was beat, and had trouble getting out of bed this morning. I was planning on going to City Surf at 6A, but when I got out of bed at 5:15A, I made the choice to get back into bed since I have a client meeting today and wanted to regain some energy and have time to put myself together before work.

I'm teaching RPM at 7PM tonight, so I'm still getting one, but not two, workouts in today.

EDIT: I just booked the 8:15P City Surf (30-minute) class to make up for this AM. I'll have to BOOK it after teaching, but I teach just down the street. Should be easy!
SUCCESS.

For those of you who need a little push to get to the gym, I recommend checking out
Move Your Booty.

Photo c/o www.moveyourbooty.com

How it works
Goal: Work out (however you define a workout) 22 times in a given month (because it takes 22 days to form a habit).
Join the Social Workout online challenge, and log your workouts.
Make it to the end of the month with your head held high, your waistbands loose, and increased levels of confidence.
Repeat each month.



I guess you could say I have no trouble hitting 22 in a month :)

I get Social Workout emails every morning and immediately log the day's workouts before even getting out of bed. I do the same thing on LoseIt and MyFitnessPal, but MYB has more of a real community feel, and I like that.

Photo c/o www.moveyourbooty.com

Follow Move Your Booty on Instagram, Facebook, and Twitter for daily and weekly inspiration and tips. You can even sign up for MYB emails to get greatness delivered to your Inbox on the regular, and get MYB tanks and shirts to rep MYB while working out.

Photo c/o Move Your Booty's Facebook page

If you're in the NYC area, you can even get in on group workouts, like classes at Soulcycle, special events, or group runs.


You're not in this alone. I used to be terrified of group exercise, and now that's almost all I do!

Photo c/o Move Your Booty's Facebook page

Time flies when you have a room full of friends/classmates around you going through the same challenges as you are, and I find it a lot easier to view a workout like another meeting on the calendar that I absolutely can't miss. In my case, when I'm teaching, I really can't miss it, but on the days I don't teach, I really have to make sure I get my ass to class.




I've got a crazier than usual workout schedule this week because I'm trying to get the MOST out of June (and July, and August, and September, and October, etc. etc. etc.) to really get where I want to be, body-wise, by EOY.

And of course, I'm also fine-tuning my intake, starting with a clean slate each day
with breakfast.

Monday
6A City Surf (oops...was too tired from yesterday's triathlon + 1 of workouts)
7PM Teaching RPM

Tuesday
730P Buddha Board (yoga) @ City Surf

Wednesday
6A Teaching RPM
7PM Trying SPEEDFLEX (first class is FREE, and it's only 30 minutes)

Thursday 
6A City Surf
7P Teaching RPM

Friday
6A City Surf

Saturday
9A Teaching RPM, walk to City Surf
11A City Surf Circuits, walk back to car

Sunday
1030A Teaching RPM
4P Flybarre (hour)
630P BodyPump


This is where I leave you:

Make time for YOU.

Be selfish with your workouts.

If you find a new studio, class, or exercise you love, invite a friend to join you at the next session.

Snap Chat Spin class

Who says happy hour can't be about calorie expenditure rather than intake?

Continue the fun after class with iced coffee, a healthy lunch or dinner out, or if you're looking for beauty on a budget, prep a healthy lunch or dinner together. These are things I do every week with one of my best friends, and I love the routine.

Make an event out of your workout. At the end of the day, you just have to
move your booty.

Coffee in between classes yesterday


No comments:

Post a Comment