Tuesday, October 28, 2014

Matchbook Questionnaire

October is coming to a close, and I'm ready for November and for this half-shiteous year to be OVER!

#bye @ 2014 (soon).

I've had little to no motivation/inspiration the last few days, but got a much-needed boost from teaching a "packed" (5 of 5 bikes full at my apartment spin gig last night) class last night.

I've had lots of days in the past few months where I could barely muster the energy to get out of bed and go to work, so I took quite a few mental health days just to get rest and get my head screwed back on tight. I'm still not firing on all cylinders, but hopefully will soon.

I need to stop scheduling 6A workouts on days where I know the previous night of working out/teaching will wear me out. It's a costly $10 mistake per cancellation (at City Surf), and I just need to get a grip.

I need to prioritize sleep as much, if not more, than I prioritize my workouts. It's all about balance, and man oh man does it feel like I'm juggling way too much! My body has been fighting back in the form of broken calves after logging way too many steps one weekend, and just general tiredness/sleeping in and skipping workouts.

On to lighter and happier things.

I read TEDDI, SET GO! (my original SPinspiration, thanks to her posts about SoulCycle and how it changed her life and body) on the regular, and today, she posted her responses to a questionnaire featured in Matchbook Mag.

Here are my answers:

TEA OR COFFEE?
Both. Before and/or after teaching or taking 6A workouts, I either make hot or iced coffee with a touch of half and half, or splurge ($-wise) and get an Iced Venti No Room Americano from Starbucks.

If I feel like I need something in the afternoon or evening, I go for iced tea. Since I'm trying to get more sleep, I try and avoid highly caffeinated varieties, so I'll go for an Iced Venti Unsweetened Black (low caf) or Passion Tea (decaf), or if IDGAF, I go for an Iced Venti Unsweetened Green Tea. Some great restaurants in town offer decaf varieties (herbal, or just straight up marked "decaf," like at Cafe Express or Village Burger Bar), so I go for those every time.

I COLLECT...
Any and all write-ups on Daniel Radcliffe, Zooey Deschanel, Daniel Craig, and often, Emma Watson. I've got quite the coffee table magazine display right now.

FAVORITE CITY?
USA: San Francisco and New York City (and Dallas, my home)
Europe: Paris, hands down. March 2015 can't come soon enough!

SPRING OR FALL?
Fall, for sure.

BLOOM OF CHOICE?
I know nothin' about nothin' about flowers. If I had to pick, I'd say hydrangeas.

STYLE ICON?
Zooey Deschanel

CHINA PATTERN?
Hmm...not really on my radar, but I'm sure it would be something Kate Spade or Crate and Barrel. I've got all Crate and Barrel in my cabinets now, as a single lady, and they suit me just fine.

I'M LUSTING AFTER...
The new Fitbit models. I love mine to death, and have only had it since June, so I will likely stick with what I have. Thankfully, the new model I'm looking at only comes in Black and Slate, and I prefer colors with a bit more personality. 

MOST PRIZED POSSESSION?
Man, that's a tough one. I love the David Yurman ring I got for my birthday this year, and wear it daily, unless I'm lazy and leave it in my gym bag.

Other than that, I have a beautiful gold bracelet with tiny different colored gems on it that my late French grandmother gave me years and years ago. I found it in my jewelry box when I was hurriedly packing for a last-minute trip to France after we heard she had suddenly fallen ill, and unfortunately, she passed away while we were in the air over the Atlantic. 

I wear it when I need a bit of luck, and wore it the day I had to give my suit school presentation. Last month, it got caught on a shirt I was wearing and a piece of it broke off, so it's sitting on my nightstand, waiting to be repaired.

GIRL CRUSH?
Zooey Deschanel

BOY CRUSH?
DANIEL RADCLIFFE.
Runners up: Daniel Craig, Ben McKenzie, Jake Gyllenhaal, and the new actor on New Girl who plays Geauxinue <3

ON WEEKENDS...
I teach spin classes, both Saturday and Sunday mornings. On Saturday, I RUN from teaching at the gym about .4 miles to City Surf to take the 10A circuits class. The circuits class is one of the toughest things I've ever done in my life, and I absolutely love it. After class, I walk back to my car, drive home, and prepare a #macros-compliant lunch. I typically fuck around for a few hours and catch up on "Gotham" on AppleTV before finally showering, changing, and getting things accomplished. 

Sunday, after class, if I'm livin' right, I get my ass to Trader Joe's and buy everything I need for the week. If I'm living in the light, I actually prep a few things, like overnight oats, some vegetables, or just get a game plan together for what breakfast, lunch, dinner, and snacks will look like every day. Again, that's what I strive for, but it doesn't always happen.



Here's to hoping I find the light in November. I can't believe this year is almost over, and I can't wait for it to end. I'm a few months away from my 28th birthday, which is depressing and awful, but I'll get over it. I have to say, getting older is better than the alternative, but that's just another lie I tell myself.

We're coming up on one year since my grandma had her massive stroke, which is unbelievable. We'll be visiting her in Atlanta in December for her 88th birthday. It won't be a fun trip, but I haven't seen her since December, and hope I can bring her some joy and fun in the few days we get to spend with her.

To health, happiness, and joy,

<3, STEL


No comments:

Post a Comment